Digital Diary Submit Post
100 Lead Generation methods for business
O P E N I N G N O T E S
Initiate 100 lead generation activities for your business.
Assign different people to activate various Lead generation techniques and monitor
Active - Means the Leads you can generate by meeting people 121 direct
Paid - Means whether you need to spend money for the Activity
Online - Means the activity using internet
Passive - Means the leads through online without meeting people
Free - Means you can do this activity with your existing resources
Offline - Means the activity is offline
*The activity is highlighted Dark next to each lead to indicate that the activity is right for the LEAD.
*Find Software Tools and Resources in the Text links for the particular lead generation activitie
1. Networking-in local groups for leads
Identify local network groups and meet often
2. Networking - Form your own referral marketing group & exchange leads
Form a group of Business owners who are in the same target market but different businesses. Refer to each other when there is a potential opportunity.
3. Meet with a network member at regular intervals outside the group to generate leads. 121
Understand each others businesses, so that you can refer each other. Request clients you want to get connected.
4. Keep in touch with existing clients regularly.
This can be done through meetings, greetings, email marketing, etc.
5. Ask referrals from existing clients
Serve your customers and make them evangelists to refer new customers and talk good about you to other customers.
6. Ask referrals from relatives / friends
Let your relatives and friends know what you do, they might know your potential clients. Do not ignore them.
7. Identify all your Target Industries and their Associations
Be a part of your target industry associations. You will have the chance to meet all your potential clients at one place.
8. Your Industry Associations
Be a part of your associations. A potential place to meet your competitors and other clients. Think of ways you can collaborate and grow.
9. Ex-Colleagues who have worked with you
Keep in regular touch with them, sometimes they may end up in key positions in your target client's industry.
10. Attend general events - Motivational speakers in your home town
All potential Entrepreneurs/Business Owners who are interested in learning will gather here. Network with them to generate enquiries.
11. Make a Dream 100 - Lists of your customers
Identify top customers in each of your target industry areas and create a Dream 100 list of clients and find ways to approach them
12. Identify a local SME body and enroll with them
This brings you a chance to meet business owners from various industries
13. Identify Magazines in your target industry
Inquire about how they gather regularly and network with them to meet readers of the magazines in your target industry
14. Visit Exhibitions and Trade Shows of your Target Industry
This is an excellent place to meet your target industry at one place and understand trends.
15. Visit Exhibitions and Trade Shows of your own industry
This is an excellent place to meet your industry friends, Network and collaborate to grow together
16. Meet your potential clients and offer a free book you have written
Writing a book is considered to show that you are the authority in your field. And it is the best Business Card you can ever have.
17. Partner and sell through related products
Identify products or services you can partner up & complement to sell together.
18. Work with partners who are in the same business in neighboring countries
Identify partners who may require your products and services in neighboring countries, who can work on a project basis.
19. Make your staff and team involved in referring sales
Train your staff and team to look for potential projects suitable to your company. Approach with an open eye, you may find interesting leads. Have a reward system for the same.
20. Tie-up with your potential competitors
Potential Tie-ups with like-minded competitors are very beneficial
21. Partnering with individuals in the forward integration process
Identify Influencer's or referral partners who can connect with your potential clients. Ex. Leasing agents can bring leads to interior designers.
Join a local BNI - Business Network international. Give and Get Businesses.
23. Attend International Exhibitions
This can be an important source of information to know more about global expansion plans.
24. Conducting Events & Seminars
This is a marketing activity and will bring in amazing brand awareness and create opportunity to people network each other..
25. Visit Source/Head Office of the local company
This can be an important source of information if you are working with International Brands. Some clients finalize their suppliers in their Global Head Office and implement buying activity.
26. Participate in Trade Shows
Participate and display your products in trade shows.
27. Activate your Brand through POS display in Malls, Beaches, and other crowded areas
This is called Marketing Activation. This works well to create brand awareness especially for consumer products.
28. Arrange conference with dinner invite customers to drive the market
You can invite your potential clients in one place by arranging a speaker who can deliver a valuable speech, useful for your clients and can also promote your products. You can choose a topic trending. Good opportunity to network
29. Cold Calling
Identify top customers in each of the target industry areas and do cold calling to identify requirements.
30. Re-engage with past clients who are not in touch
Make ''How are you" calls (not to talk about business), talk about personal matters.
31. Read newspaper articles about business news
Look for articles from your target industry to see their expansion plans announced by them, this can be a potential opportunity for you to approach and do business.
32. Free listing in business Directories in Print
Identify local business directories and add your company name and get it listed.
33. Email signature | Easy to call Phone number or Clickable email
Make all your email signatures with phone numbers callable with click and emails clickable. Avoid using the image for email signatures. Many customers use mobile phones to search by company name and call you through email signatures.
34. Visit on-going live project sites & take pictures of the site information board
This is a project-centric approach, where you find a particular project developing in your locality and you can approach them directy
35. Top influencer's in each of your target industry
There are veterans and influencer's in each field, identify them and befriend them to connect to potential clients.
36. Top consultants in your target industry
There are top consultants in each field, identify them and befriend them to connect to potential client
37. List your name in local yellow pages & White page directory
List your company in local Yellow pages and White page directories.
38. Start PR activities that increase visibility
Get noticed in your city by speaking/writing or being interviewed in any of the channels/Media that can bring and increase your PR activities.
39. Find out ways to make company your visible by writing an article in a magazine/newspaper for free
Identify opportunities to promote a company in Newspapers or magazines.
40. Write a book in your industry
This will help you position your self as an authority in your field. Publicize in various social Media for ultimate results
41. Online Websites - business news websites
Look for articles of your target industry in Online Business Intelligence websites to see their expansion plans. This can be a potential opportunity for you to approach and do business.
42. Ask referrals through WhatsApp groups
Be active in various Industry related WhatsApp groups, you can request for referrals and contacts of clients you are potentially looking forward to reaching.
43. Ask referrals through relevant Facebook groups of your industry
Be active in various Industry related Facebook groups, You can request for referrals of a client you are potentially looking forward to connect.
44. Ask referrals through relevant LinkedIn groups
Be active in various Industry related LinkedIn groups, You can request for referrals and contacts of a client you are potentially looking forward to reaching
45. Look for expansion strategies on your customer's websites. Check their latest news for leads.
This is also an excellent information, as all customers are proud to announce their expansion plans on their websites. This can be a vital information for you.
46. Connecting through Facebook Fans
Posts regularly and connect with all your potential customers and invite them to your business page. Have a Call-To- Action Button in Facebook linked to your web site
47. Connecting through LinkedIn members
Connect with friends of friends who are in the same target market industry. This is an easy hack as your friend would be already connected with the target clients you are looking for. Keep adding the people you meet.
48. Connecting through Twitter and grow Audience
Posts regularly and connect with all your potential customers
49. Connecting through Instagram
Posts regularly and connect with all your potential customers. Follow them and be followed
50. Connecting through Pinterest
Posts regularly and connect with all your potential customers and invite them to your business page